2013年5月11日土曜日

I always thought there could be some so called 'bad design' in the market, as well as all the 'Good designs'. [NS_Skull Imari]movie


[NS_Skull Imari]
When I was a student at Kyoto University of Arts, I created the tattoo T shirt. This was a sudden cast of some outlaw patterns to the elegant fashion world. I was never satisfied to the Bauhaus-influenced good design, and wanted to mix in some street design, and play a prank. I always thought there could be some so called 'bad design' in the market, as well as all the 'Good designs'. These were my feelings which led to the creation of the Imari.


















The story behind this Imari, is a imaginative tattoo artist of Edo who reached the village of Imari, and met a potter of Imari. If this really happened, they surely would have hit it off with each other.
Skull designs are popular all over the world, but why isn't there a Japanese version? why not a Ukiyoe-style? Anyhow, I hope you enjoy some of the prank in this work.














Skull Imari (Dokuro Imari) WATER DESIGN
AD : Naoki Sakai
PD : Jyunko Shimizu
Co-production : Jyun Tomita, Arita Ceramics Co.
translation:Ken Mckay Waragai

a recommended retail price:150,000yen+tax

150-0012
#402Hiroo Park Homes 5-9-14hiroo shibuya-ku Tokyo
TEL : 03.6721.6926  FAX : 03.5424.6536


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿